The Summer Development Clinics are developed with one specific goal in mind. That is to work in small individualized groups to identify and improve the individual skill sets and habits of each player necessary to advance their hockey careers to the NCAA level. This is a high level of commitment for both the player and the parent. This training schedule was created from years of experience and each piece is as important as the next.
An experienced coaching staff can make all the difference. Former pro and current NAHL skills coach Matt Reid will be running the forward and defense side. Matt came to us last summer after an impressive professional hockey career and has taught numerous clinics and lessons thus far with Wolfe Hockey. Clarkson Alum and former Div I goalie coach Shawn Grant will be heading up the goalie portion of the clinics. Shawn has been with Wolfe Hockey for almost two years now and has proven to be a valuable asset to our coaching staff. He is a highly sought after instructor who has taught 1000’s of goalie lessons in his few years in Maryland.
The groups will be divided by age with a max number of eight skaters and two goalies in order to get that individualized learning experience. Each player will receive three and a half hours of ice time per week for a total of 28 hours of on ice instruction over the course of the eight week summer program. We believe that off ice training is just as important as on ice training; therefore along with the on ice skills sessions each week there will be two mandatory off ice workouts as well.
Participants in the program will also receive two group “Hockey Career Planning” seminars with Jason Wolfe for both parents and players. These sessions will help both the player and parent better understand the available paths of high school, club, junior, and college hockey. These sessions are the perfect platform for players and parents to ask questions and learn about the many options for your players hockey career.
Clinics start June 25th and will go for eight (8) weeks ending on August 22nd. *There will be no clinics the week of July 4th.*
- Group A: 2000-2005 birth years
- Group B: 2006-2009 birth years
- Coached by Matt Reid & Shawn Grant
- Max of 8 forward and defense players & 2 goalies per week
- 3.5 hours of ice time/week
- 2 hours off ice training/wk
- Forward/Defense players will work on: Stick handling, passing, shooting, skating, puck protection, checking/body contact, hockey IQ, game situation skills, much much more
- Goalies will work on: Hand tracking, stick saves and rebound control, elite level skating, situational play reading, stick handling, and much more
- Tuesday’s @ Laurel Ice Den
- Wednesday’s @ Laurel Ice Den
- Thursday’s @ Piney Orchard
- Cost is $1800 for all 8 weeks
- $275 weekly drop in fee (must attend all sessions in week)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly to register for drop in sessions
- These are NOT daily clinics. You must commit to the entire week or weeks.
- You must purchase the appropriate clinic and payment plan before registering for your age group.
- Group A paid in full package ($1800 due in June)
- Group A payment plan ($600 each month for 3 months)
- Group B paid in full ($1800 due in June before the fist week of clinics)
- Group B payment plan ($600 each month for 3 months)
- Jersey and WHD swag included with tuition
- July 10th 7pm Career Planning Seminar in the Lundin Room @ TGIH
- Aug 7th 7pm Career Planning Seminar in the Lundin Room @ TGIH